Michael Mandalios is a Brisbane-based voice and dialect coach and consultant with a decade’s experience in the performing arts. He is a graduate of the Bachelor of Musical Theatre from Queensland Conservatorium Griffith University and has studied at the American Academy of Dramatic Arts in New York.
Michael is a Lecturer in Voice & Dialect at the Australian Performing Arts Conservatory and, and also coaches gender-diverse voice users in gender-affirming voice practice at Stonewall Medical Centre. He is a certified Vocal Habilitation Professional with Vocal Health Education (UK), the first VHP graduate to specialise in spoken voice.
Michael has also worked as a dialect coach for various productions and as an actor, his credits include a wide range of plays and musicals. He is also the founder of Refraction Theatre, where he has developed and produced original works as an actor and dramaturg.
Michael also serves as Treasurer on the management committee for the Actors’ & Entertainers’ Benevolent Fund of QLD Inc., and is a proud member of Actors’ Equity.
Michael has experience in coaching and consulting for business professionals, politicians, legal professionals, with ten years experience working with Allied Health professionals on their communication. He is an expert in voice, speech and dialect coaching, accent reduction and neutralization, public speaking, presentation skills, voiceover, and executive presence training. He is committed to helping individuals and organizations communicate effectively and achieve their goals.
Available for private coaching, group workshops, and seminars on:
– Freeing a natural, uninhibited and healthy spoken voice.
– Public speaking coaching, rhetoric and oratory skills.
– Voice and Speech training for actors and performers.
– Dialect coaching for stage and screen.
– Accent coaching for Second-Language English Speakers.
– Voiceover, Voice Acting, Radio, TV and Journalism training.
– Vocal Health First Aid
– Principles of Compelling Political Speech.
– Voice and Speech training for legal professionals.
– Fundamentals of healthy, sustainable voice for educators and trainers.
– Gender-Affirming Voice practice.